1. If lion is called fish, fish is called parrot, parrot is called rat, rat is called cat, cat is called tiger, then which of the following is the bird?
a. fish b. parrot c. rat d. tiger
Solution : From the entire list, Parrot is the bird. But, Parrot is called as rat. Hence rat is the right answer.
2. If Lilly is called lotus, lotus is called rose, rose is called sunflower and sunflower is called marigold, then what is the national flower of India?
Solution : The national flower of India is Lotus but, lotus is called as rose. Hence rose is the right answer.
3. On another planet, the local terminology for earth, water, light, air and sky are sky, light, air, water and earth respectively. If someone is thirsty there, what would he drink?
Solution : If someone is thirsty, we drink water. But, water is called as light on the other planet. Hence, Light is the correct answer.
4. If the animals which can walk are called swimmers animals who crawl are called flying, those living in water are called snakes and those which fly in the sky are called hunters, then what will a lizard be called?
Solution : Lizards crawl and animals who crawl are called flying. Hence Flying is the right answer.
5. In a certain language, ‘Sun shines brightly’ is written as ‘ba lo sul’, ‘houses are brightly lit’ as ‘kado ula ari ba’ and ‘light comes from sun’ as ‘dopi kup lo mo’. What are the code words for ‘Sun’ and ‘brightly’?
Solution : From the first two english sentences brightly is the common word. Then, the code used for brightly in the first sentence should be used in the second as well. Now, the coded word that is common among both the sentences is ba. Hence, brightly means ba.
Sun shines brightly ———- ba lo sul
houses are brightly lit———kado ula ari ba
light comes from sun———dopi kup lo mo
Hence, Brightly— ba and Sun — lo
6. In a certain code language ‘TRUE’ is coded as ‘USSQVTFD’ then what is the code for ‘PRAY’ ?
a. QSOQBZXZ b. QOSQBZXZ c. QOSQBZZX d. QOSBQZZX
Solution : Pattern- Each letter is coded with its right and left letters respectively.
7.In a certain code ‘CLUB’ is coded as ‘XOFY’ and ‘NOT’ is coded as ‘MLG’, then how will ‘PUNCTUAL’ be coded as?
Solution : Pattern- Each letter of the word is coded with the opposite letter.
8. If ‘ORGANISATION’ is coded as ‘CBDWLQJWYQCL’ and ‘OPERATION’ is written as ‘CXFBWYQCL’. How is ‘SEPARATION’ coded as?
a. EJXEBYQCL b. JFQYWBCXQL c. JFXWBWYQCL D. QCLYWBFXJE
9. If ‘PERSON’ is coded as ‘STXWJU’ then how is ‘MOTHER’ coded as ?
a. RTYUJM b. RTYJMU c. WJMYTR d. RTYMUJ
Solution : Pattern- Each letter of the word is coded as its next five letters.
(Question 10- 14) Seven persons A, B, C, D, E, F, G are sitting in a row in such a way that some are facing towards North and some are facing towards South. Not more than two consecutive persons face same direction. A sit at one of the ends and faces North direction. The number of persons sitting between A and G is same as between G and B. E sits on to the immediate right of C. G sits to the right of A but not immediate right. B faces same direction as A and C. Three persons sit between F and A. F and D face same direction.
Step-1 : From ” A sit at one of the ends and faces North direction” and “G sits to the right of A but not immediate right” says that A is onto the extreme left
Step-2 : According to this “Three persons sit between F and A”(given in the question)
Step -3 : As the question has “The number of persons sitting between A and G is same as between G and B”. To satisfy this G has to be at the center of the row and with equal distance we can place B.
Step- 4: As “E sits on to the immediate right of C” is given in the info, there are only two consecutive places to place C and E next to each other.
Step-5 : As only one blank and one person is left out. D comes there.
Step- 6: According to this —“ B faces same direction as A and C”.
Step -7 : According to this — “Not more than two consecutive persons face same direction”. As A and C are facing North E should be facing South. Also it given that “F and D face same direction”, they cannot be facing North because then it violates the condition in the question. Hence, F and D are facing South.
Step-8 : Again, according to the previous condition G cannot be facing South as “Not more than two consecutive persons face same direction”. Hence G is facing North.
10. How many persons are facing north?
a. more than 3 b. three c. none d. two e. one
Solution : More than 3 [ A, C, G, B]
11. Which of the following pair represents the persons sitting at the ends?
a. D-E b. A-B c. F-C d. G-B e. A-C
Solution : A-B are at the ends of the row
12. Four of the following five form a group, which of them does not belong to the group?
a. C b. A c. B d. G e. E
Solution : E, because only E from the list faces South.
13. Who among the following sits third to the left of F?
a. C b. A c. B d. G e. No one
Solution : No one.
14. Who sits to the immediate right of A?
a. C b. D c. B d. G e. E
Solution: C is onto the immediate right of A.
Six couples have been invited to a dinner party. They are Neetu, Misha, Lilly, Ramya, Shanti, Charitha and Farookh, Himesh, Ajit, Tarun, Ram, Arun. They are seated on a circular table facing each other.
(i) Misha refuses to sit next to Arun.
(ii) Lilly wants to be between Ajit and Himesh.
(iii) Charitha refuses to sit next to Farookh.
(iv) Neetu is seated on Arun’s right hand side.
(v) Farookh and Tarun are seated exactly opposite to each other.
(vi) Ram and Shanti are seated to the left of Charitha.
(vii) Ajit and Ramya want to enjoy the company of Lilly and Tarun respectively and are seated closest to them.
(viii) The seating arrangement is such that minimum one woman is always between two men.
Solution : Step-1 : Because of last condition (The seating arrangement is such that minimum one woman is always between two men). The template of the arrangement looks like this.
Step-2 : According to this condition — “Lilly wants to be between Ajit and Himesh.”
Step-3 : According to this condition — “Ajit and Ramya want to enjoy the company of Lilly and Tarun respectively and are seated closest to them.”
Step-4 : According to this — “Farookh and Tarun are seated exactly opposite to each other.”
Step-5 : As “Charitha refuses to sit next to Farooq”
Step-6 : According to this condition — “Ram and Shanti are seated to the left of Charitha”. We can position Charitha’s place. With that Ram and Shanti’s place can also be positioned
Step-7 : To satisfy this condition — “Neetu is seated on Arun’s right hand side”. With the only two consecutive places we can place Neetu and Arun
Step-8 : Hence, only one blank and one person is left out. Misha can be placed there.
15. Which of the following statements is correct:
a. Lilly is on Tarun’s right b. Arun is on Charitha’s right
c. Misha is on Himesh’s right d. Misha is on Farookh’s left
Solution : Clearly, Arun is onto Charitha’s right.
16. If looked in an anti-clockwise manner, who are seated between Tarun and Farookh:
a. Shanti, Ram, Charitha, Arun and Neetu b. Shanti, Ram, Ramya, Ajit and Lilly
c. Shanti, Ram, Misha, Himesh and Lilly d. Shanti, Ram, Lilly, Ajit and Himesh
Solution : Anti-clockwise is from Tarun’s right — Shanti, Ram, Charitha, Arun and Neetu are between Tarun anf Farooq.
17. Which of the following close neighboring arrangements is correct:
a. Arun, Charitha and Ram b. Tarun, Ram and Arun
c. Neetu, Farookh and Lilly d. Himesh, Misha and Ajit
Solution : Close neighbors, Arun, Charitha and Ram from the choices
Eight friends A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H are sitting in a circle. D is between B and G and F is between A and H. E is second to the right of A.
Step-1 : From “D is between B and G”. We cannot say if B will be on to the right or left of D.
Step-2 : According to these two conditions — “F is between A and H, E is second to the right of A.”
Step -3 : Only one blank and one person is left out. Hence, C comes here.
18. Which of the following is A’s position?
a. left of F b. right of F c between E and F d. cannot be determined
Solution : From the diagram, A is to the right of F.
19. Which of the following information is not required to ascertain the position of c?
a. I b.either II or III c. III d. All required
Solution : We need all the information to place C.